Saturday, April 25, 2009

Baby Steps

Mike has been gone 12 days, but it feels like an eternity. The days following his funeral have no definition, every day is the same mundane existence. I can't bring myself to do much more than take care of my dogs. I am so empty inside. I feel as if my soul has been drained.

I need to start a forward progression. The longer I let myself sit in this limbo, the harder it will be in the long run. I still have not slept in our bedroom, however I did manage to sleep in the house alone twice. Tomorrow I plan on doing a thorough cleaning and de-cluttering of the bedroom with the help of a friend. I am going to start sorting through Mike's clothes deciding what has enough meaning to me that I want to keep, and the rest I will give to his friends whom have always coveted his t-shirt collection. I need to reclaim the bedroom as a place of solitude and relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment